PRESCHOOL/NURSERY SCHOOL PROGRAM
Monday – Friday
8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Ages: 2.5 to 4 years
This theme-based program operates every morning from September through to June for children from 2.5 to 4 years. We operate on the Toronto District School Board schedule in regards to holidays and PD days. Through the provision of both group and individual activities, the children are able to develop early learning at their own pace in a nurturing environment.
ACNS provides a Preschool program that has been developed for pre-school aged children beginning at the age of 2.5-4 years old. This program strives to promote the development of:
- Cognitive Skills – Memory games, science experiments, sequencing, books, musical instruments, songs and games, visit police and fire stations, finger plays.
- Five Senses – Nature walks, food preparation, cooking and baking, sand and water tables, records and songs, books, musical instruments, arts and crafts, play dough.
- Self-Expression and Creativity – Activities involving art, music, language, movement, drama, give choices when appropriate, problem-solving situations.
- Imaginative/Dramatic Play – Play area containing clothes, hats and shoes, uniforms, costumes, mirrors or themes (kitchen, pet store, doctor office).
- Safety – Toys and equipment are clean and safe; children learn about water and street safety, hazards in the home, rules on the playground, and when to call 911.
- Health – Providing healthy snacks, washing hands, accurate immunization records.
Alderwood Cooperative Nursery School
Afternoon Program For 2.5 Years +
Looking for a fun and educational program for your 2.5-4 year old to prepare for Junior Kindergarten?
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
44 Delma Drive, Etobicoke
1:00 – 4:00pm
For more information email: